During the holidays, the main part of the house looked almost normal. Don't be fooled, it didn't last.
We moved almost all of our belongings into a storage unit before construction started. At $225/month since April 2016, it was time for everything to come back home. The crew was ready to start on the guest room and my hubby's office, so everything needed to move out of those rooms.
Guest room before
Hubby's office. No before shots as I couldn't even bear to look in this room! Let's just say his version of organized differs from mine.
Dining room during the holidays.
Dining room today
There is stuff stashed everywhere there was an empty spot.
The progress on the island is slow. They are ready for the final sanding, but the sawdust will get all over.
Saving sawdust to mix with resin to patch some of the larger knotholes and cracks. The final filler will be copper dust mixed with resin.
Clever hubby put a tent all around the island to try to contain the dust.
Then he covered himself and got to work. Another 3 or 4 weekends and it should be ready to start the tung oil finish.
We were supposed to be finished in October and here it is January. I think another 30 days and we should be finished. We still need exterior paint and the front porch finished. We are ready to move furniture to it's proper place. We started the process of converting our construction loan to a permanent mortgage which is very exciting and scary.
I know everyone is tired of seeing construction photos at this point and so am I! I am hoping for some finished photos very soon!