Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Memories 2010

I am so fortunate to have this wonderful sunny room for dining. It provides beautiful light for my table. I am also fortunate to have my husband's grandmother's tables, both the dining table and the dropleaf against the window. When needed I can seat about 20. The dining table sat for years in Mama's dining room in Memphis feeding family, farmhands, and friends. She had no air conditioning so the varnish on the chairs melted in the hot and humid Memphis summer and I found threads left behind over the years embedded in the varnish when I refinished.













Found the wonderful trees at Walmart of all places!














The china is Lenox Maywood, Gorham silver, Shannon crystal water glasses. The votives are Orrefors crystal. Merry Christmas to all.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by with your sweet comment.. I LOVE your shimmery shiny silver table! Those trees are amazing. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Diane~~~
    Merry Christmas & Happy Tablescape Thursday:))

    Blessings to you,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty silvery table you've set -- quite a Christmas sparkle! Merry Christmas to you and all who gather at your lovely table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sparkly silvery table is beautiful and elegant! I have looked everywhere for silvery napkins with no luck -- may I ask where you found yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scribbler,
    Thank you, I found the napkins at TJ Maxx last year. They are Ralph Lauren. Maybe you can find them on Ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so beautiful, Dianne! The table and the dishes are just gorgeous!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty festive table! Reminds me of all the snow we're about to get tonight:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Christmas wonderland! You DO have a brilliant dining room with those windows.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a glorious table!!! I love that you got those amazing Christmas Trees at Walmart. I love to mix and match - the finest with a bargain - and you did so magnificently.

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays. Hope you'll continue to be a part of Seasonal Sundays as we shift into the season of Winter.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete