Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Peony Envy


After a poor year in response to being moved, our peonies are rewarding us with loads of blooms this year.  I decided it was time to use their beauty on the table.  
 I started with these beautiful Williams Sonoma placemats my MIL gave me for Christmas a few years ago.  She does give the BEST gifts!

I used the same glass chargers from Dillards and the clear plates that I used HERE from A Classy Flea that allow the peony beauty to shine through. 

The pink stems were found at Goodwill in Destin, with no identifying info. I love the pale hint of pink. 
Crystal napkins rings and white hemstitch napkins.  
A grouping of crystal candlesticks on a vintage looking runner from Home Goods.

Fat sassy birds from Ross. 
Many of our peonies were purchase from Peony's Envy at the Antique and Garden show.  You can learn everything you ever wanted to know about peonies at their website.  

Drop leaf, extra dining table is decorated with part of the bird nest collection my sweet husband has brought home.
Our newest outdoor acquisition.  It was handmade in South Africa and given to my husband by a happy landscape client.  I painted it white, strung it with fairy lights and Wha-La! outdoor chandelier.  It was raining, so no candles this night. 

Many thanks to the generous hosts of these fun parties:
Let's Dish
Tablescape Thursday





11 comments:

  1. I have peony envy! How I wish we could grown them here. Your table is stunning. Love the idea of the glass plates to show off the placemat. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your peony's are lovely. The table is beautiful! I love those place mats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have peony envy, for years!! Love them, never grew my own. Love the table with the dainty pale pink tinted glasses and lovely glass plates. Love that runner, too. Always a great tablescape, Dianne. And the chandy is fabulous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful and elegant table, Dianne...it would be a sin to cover those lovely placemats. Gorgeous peonies, love that you added a few Siberian iris in with them. Do your peonies have a scent...you can catch the scent the minute you walk into the room.
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peonies are my favorite flower. I transplanted three bushes this past fall, and they are cautiously giving me blooms. I think that it will be next year before mine take off, too. I'm willing to wait. Your peony tablescape is luscious and beautiful. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. No kidding your Mother-in-law gives the best gifts!!! Wow! Those placemats are really pretty!!! She must have really, really good taste!!! I'm glad you used the clear plates to allow the design to be seen. After all, what's the point of gorgeous placemats if you can't see the design??!! :-)

    Your peonies are looking really good! I love the white ones!!! I had pink ones and white ones in our old yard. I miss those bushes!!! Having to buy them gets really pricey!

    Your centerpiece looks fantastic with all the crystal and then the big white birds. It's gorgeous! I like the way it is all connected by the runner, too.

    Very pretty, my dear! I'm glad your peony bush is thriving again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I must plant peonies.. are they hard to grow? Yours look so lovely. Love those placemats too. the faint blush on the goblets is just the perfect touch! Along with the various sets of crystal candlesticks. I'm sure your runner is vintage.. just gorgeous. That chandy must just be perfect outside at night. I have one I want to fix up for a tree outside.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fat white birds should be mine...they are so cute and look wonderful on your tablescape...I love the way you have used clear plates so you can see the wonderful placemats, wow so clever...love all the crystal and yours is so sparkly...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your white peonies are absolutely elegant & so is your tablescape. I adore the crystal napkins rings and white hemstitch napkins.
    My white peonies have not yet opened up but I have TONS of deep pink ones & I too, tucked some purple iris in with my bouquet. Come see!

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love peonies....I love the touch of pink with all the crystal! Beautiful!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love peonies!
    Your table is gorgeous, I love the elegance and softness to it.
    Pink and crystal...gorgeous!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete