Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Monday, August 25, 2014

And This Little Piggy

Well, it's that time again.  My out of town sisters are coming for a visit and they have requested their favorite menu Smoked Shoulder with Alabama White Sauce.  I've done this menu so many times, I am running out of table ideas to keep it fresh. 
Lucky for me, Home Goods & Dillard's had loads of great ideas!  


Placemats from Dillard's 50% off and an additional 40% off over the weekend! 


Table runner, Dillards 65% and additional 40% = free!
Rusted pigs from Home Goods.  Aluminum pots from Target. 


Everything else on the table is from my stash of stuff and had been used over and over.
I will try to remember to take some pictures of the smoking process and the meal on Saturday.  Happy Labor Day y'all!
Come see the fun at Kathleen's party Let's Dish Farewell to Summer and Tablescape Thursday.  

11 comments:

  1. This table is awesome! Love the red and white! The rusty pigs are pretty cool! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love it! That Dillard's does have some fantastic sales! I can only shop with them on line but I've seen some tremendous markdowns. Love the reds accents and the pigs! Have a wonderful holiday weekend- sounds like your already in line for a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love red and white, you took it to a new level. BBQ is the only summer food, keep it coming.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy soon to be Labor Day Weekend!

    Your tablescape is awesome - and that runner makes it - what an amazing bargain!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianne, your new linens were a wonderful find! I love the way you mixed them with the cute runner and the stack of white dishes with the red napkin is the perfect touch. As much as I love all this red and white goodness, my favorite touch is the pair of rusty pigs. They are adorable!
    Enjoy your sister time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the red and white! Looks great and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this red and white table. And you got the runner for FREE? Girl, I want to shop with you! Love it!

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty table. I love red and this is just perfect to me! Have a great Labor Day weekend.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is oh so pretty in red and white. I love the rusted pigs. I want a set of those! It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful holiday weekend. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is an awesome table, Dianne! Love the red and white placemats. Those are the cutest little oinkers!
    Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alabama white sauce??!?! Never heard of it...but maybe because I'm a Yankee! :-)

    I'm still on blog hiatus (I'm surprised how I've been able to stay away from the computer for the most part!), but since I had to get up at the crack of dawn to see Ramon off to work this morning, I thought I'd treat myself to a little blog post surfing...and I landed here!

    GIMME THOSE PIGS!!!! Those are so cool! I like their "worn" look!!! And you cashed in on some great end of season bargains! That runner is perfect for your sisterly get-together, and the placemats are a perfect match for it!

    I have no doubt your sisters will get their delighted fill of both your creative and culinary talents! Have a great weekend, and I'll "see" you when I get back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete