Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Golden Glow

We never forget our wedding anniversary because we married on New Year's Eve.  This year we celebrated our 16th with our fun group of friends and family.
I started the table with an almost floor length tablecloth.  It was the largest I could buy from LinenTablecloth.com.  I consulted with Alycia Nichols from Table Twentyone and she assured me it would be OK.  

Placemats - Home Goods
Chargers - Queen of Hearts, Atlanta
Flatware - Rogers
Plates - Homer Laughlin
Name Cards - stolen from the Scott's Christmas party! You can see it HERE
I originally planned to put a clock on each plate, but when I decided to do the bow tie napkins in the center, it was too busy so I put all the clocks together in the center.  I sprayed magnolia cuttings from the tree in our front yard. 
Vintage brass candlesticks with a golden globe from Ross. 


Forgive the kitchen mats in the dining room; the housekeeper was mopping in the kitchen and I didn't look down to see them before I snapped this shot.  

Arugala salad with Fig Dressing made by my friend Janie.  I made some Rosemary Parmesan crackers to go with the salad. 
Every year in the past, after drinks and appetizers, we are always too full for the meal, so this year we decided to just have appetizers, salad, and dessert.  I think a new tradition has been born.  It was the most stress free celebration ever.  
Menu
Candied Bacon
Blue Cheese Olives
Jalapeño Poppers
Decadent Mexican Dip with Chips
Smoked Salmon Spread
Artichoke Dip
Blue Cheese Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Fig and Gorgonzola Salad
Cheese Cake with Apple Caramel Sauce
Even with the abbreviated menu, we were all stuffed.  

My Father-in-law with his new toy.  
                                                                 
I thought I would include a photo of one of my china cabinets that I forgot to include on the Christmas post.  Wishing everyone the best for the upcoming new year.  Happy New Year!  
Joining the following: Tablescape Thursday

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and even more important, Happy Anniversary! That is wonderful, Dianne, and I pray that you are even more blessed in the years to come. So happy for you!

    Loved the table and the menu, and I appreciate the info about the accoutrements, especially the cloths. I need a new one, and it's nice to know they have good ones. I have got to find some cloths to fit my long table because most of mine are a wee bit too short when all the leaves are in the table. Thanks for the heads up from Alycia! :-)

    xo

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked at the time! I thought I had gotten up too early at 4:30ish. LOL It is 5:30ish here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my fave settings. Elegant and your dining room is really spacious.

    Have a blissful 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table...your china cabinet is so pretty. Love your HL china!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Yes, ma'am...with the great gams your table has, it's A-OK to have them peeking out! Kind of like a skirt that just grazes the ankles....SEXY!!! :-) Thanks for the shout out!

    This is - as always - a beautifully set table with every little detail closely attended to. Spraying the magnolia leaves that Midas gold was a great idea. How nice it must be to have those leaves right there!

    Your bow tie napkins turned out just perfect! They give the table an opulent "black tie" look with not only the fold but the beautiful napkin rings. I love the clocks, but you were so right...they would have taken away from the great look of the napkin fold. I'm surprised you don't have a picture of someone sporting one of those like that guy Flavor Flav who wears a giant one around his neck! :-) :-) :-)

    I love the idea of doing an assortment of appetizers as the main course! Kind of like tapas. I'm going to suggest that for our annual cul-de-sac Christmas Progressive Dinner next year, especially since we're adding a couple of new families to the fold.

    Happy New Year to you, my dearest Dianne! I hope 2015 is your best year yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary, Dianne. What fun to celebrate your anniversary on New Year's Eve.
    Your table setting is so elegant. Love the bowtie napkins. Very clever. Your clocks are also charming. I always look for individual clocks like this to use on a table, but no luck. Last year I found a few that I tucked back, but they feature a Santa face which limits when I can use them. '-)
    Great job as usual, Dianne!

    ReplyDelete