Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Bird's Nest Soup

Last fall, I purchased these paper placemats at a vintage store in Atlanta.  I loved the muted colors and thought they would be great for spring.  
 
I used clear chargers and plates so I could enjoy the placemats.  
The runner was found at a flower shop in Collierville, TN shopping with my husband's aunt.  She is so much fun to shop with!  When I got the runner home, I found it was about 20" longer than my table so I called the shop and paid for a second one so I could use them down each side of the table instead of placemats.  My sweet Aunt picked it up and mailed it to me! 
 Bird's nest under glass with some twigs seemed to be the perfect simple centerpiece.
 Vintage tarnished candlesticks from Round Top and French Bleu Vintage.  
 I just didn't take very many pictures because I quickly tore the table apart for a family Memorial Day BBQ.  
I haven't been on blogger much lately.  I don't get as excited about setting a pretty table and show it to like minded friends as I used to.  I can see that I am not the only one that feels the same way.  We are in the process of planning a major kitchen and master bath remodel and all the pretty dishes will be packed away until they have a forever home in my new cabinets! 

4 comments:

  1. Dianne, I can certainly relate to your comment about setting pretty tables to share on our blogs, but I can tell you that I miss not seeing your pretty tables. You ALWAYS set a table that is uniquely beautiful. Your twig and bird nest theme is a winner. I love the natural color pallet. The new runner and the wonderful paper placemats are perfect with your theme. Great idea to use the clear glass plates so one can enjoy the beauty of those mats.
    Good luck with the renovation projects. I have most all of our dishes packed and in storage waiting to know where their home will be. '-)
    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne, I know what you mean about not being enthusiastic about tablescaping...after almost 6 years I am about burned out, too. It is really hard coming up with something different.
    I love your simple table...the centerpiece is great for spring. The runner is great, like your idea of using two of them instead of placemats.
    Have fun with your reno...I have been painting walls and cabinets in our kitchen for what seems like forever. What a job...I am hoping it will be done by the weekend.
    Hope that you will do a few more tables once you unpack everything!
    Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dianne! So good to see a beautiful table from you again. I LOVE the neutral colors and how you've incorporated them into such a lovely space. Great idea about the double runners. I am sad to hear from fellow tablescapers that they are weary. I've only been in the hobby for 2 years and worry that it will disappear just as I am getting my supply closest filled. What can be done to inspire everyone again? Thanks for sharing today. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always, but as you know, I gave up the "imaginary dinner party" thing a long time ago. It is just too much trouble to me unless I am actually going to use it. This time next year you will have a fabulous new kitchen, and you will probably be giving many real dinner parties. So I will wait to see your tables then.

    ReplyDelete