Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Tile and Trim Instead of Tinsel

Normally this would be the weekend to decorate the house.  Instead, the trim crew has been here this week.  They installed the beams in the kitchen, all the baseboards, window trim and new doors where needed. The tile guy also came back and installed the backsplash.





Work on the walnut for the island top has begun.  So far the straight run has been matched sanded and glued.  Now they are working on the edge. 



The master bath cabinets are installed.  We are now waiting on the countertop.

The porch ceiling has been installed.  It is the same spruce as the dining room ceiling, but it will be painted in a shiny version of the Palladium Blue that is on the cabinets. 
Painters were here until 9:30 PM on a Friday night and back again at 7:30 AM Sat, but the trim upstairs got painted this weekend.

BUT, the BEST thing that happened all week!  The washer and dryer came inside!!!  They aren't stacked yet, but I no longer have to go out on the deck to wash clothes.  It's amazing what makes you happy during a remodel.
I have my fingers and toes crossed that it will be finished so we can have Christmas dinner in our house.  

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you really are doing a renovation. Your kitchen is totally amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will cross all my fingers and toes for you, too! This is so gorgeous -- you have done a fantastic job, toning in the tile and the colors with the wood. The consistency in the flow of your cabinets through the house is very well done, too. Are you sure you are not a designer? That walnut island is going to be the best thing I have ever seen, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is turning out amazing! I love kitchens to be pretty and functional.
    Good luck and can't wait to see the all finish job, from ceiling to floor!!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much progress! Looking beautiful. I hope you get your wish for Christmas dinner! You deserve it. I read about your surgery. I hope you are all recovered. Reminds me of the year I had my gallbladder out. I was pregnant with my seventh when I got sick and had the surgery a few weeks after delivery. We had a big addition to the house constructed that year as well, and six kids slept in one bedroom as it was going on. Surreal. You are going to have one gorgeous place when you are finished! Merry Christmas! So nice to let me know that you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow my friend, it's really progressing your amazing kitchen. Hope it is all ready so you can sing and dance while you cook C'mas dinner in the great kitchen.
    Good luck and I can't wait to see it ALL finished my friend.
    Merry C'mas season.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! Your kitchen is looking amazing!! Have a wonderful holiday season. When all your remodeling is done, your home will be a showcase!!
    Hugs,
    DEB

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a magnificent ceiling, you'll have so much fun cooking in your kitchen, I do believe I could live in there :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete