Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Monday, October 2, 2017

The Kitchen Reveal

I have fretted over the final reveal of our newly remodeled home.  I wanted everything to be perfect, but 15 months after demo started, I have finally surrendered to the fact that things will NEVER be perfect!  
I wasn't very good about taking pictures of the before. Our old house was so dark and confining, I tried not to capture any images of it, but I did find some. 
Let's start with the old then new kitchen. 
Demo started the morning of my bilateral knee replacement surgery.  The walker is waiting my return. The blue tape on the floor is where the new island and pantry would be built.  
View from the old kitchen into the family room with a glimpse of the sliding doors to the dining room.  
 


During construction, this was our temporary kitchen. 

The new kitchen!  The ceiling was raised and the walls came down. 


The view of the side of our kitchen.  Behind the folding doors was our washer.  

The laundry transformed and enlarged into a pantry!


 The other end of the kitchen


The island top is walnut from a tree hubby cut down 21 years ago.  We have moved those boards from attic to attic.  My husband and a friend built the island top.  



Finally the kitchen of my dreams!  It is a joy to prepare meals, a breeze to clean up, and perfect for gathering.  A huge thank you to Stephen Wells, the creative architect; to Jerry Tiege, the General Contractor, if you have to have someone in your house everyday, Jerry is your guy; and Tom Vernon, the best cabinet maker with a crew focused on perfection.  
Come see all the transformation at Inspire me Tuesday and Metamorphosis Monday


7 comments:

  1. Oh Sister, it is wonderful!! I love the open feel and how warm and inviting it is. You did an amazing job ESP since you were doing it while recovering from your knee replacements.
    And if I'm honest and we were raised to be honest..right... I am a little jealous. Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks even better than when I got to see it back in May!!! You went through SO MUCH to realize this dream kitchen, and I’m happy the long journey is finally coming to a foreseeable close. I know you guys will enjoy many, many years of cooking and entertaining bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new kitchen is so beautiful! I hope a magazine comes to photograph it and write about your process. I know you are happy that it is done! It is hard to pick a favorite thing, but I guess my would be those antique doors, the range and hood, and the island. Your pantry is turning me pea-green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing! I really like the island and how it ends in that circular eating bar...super-cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Dianne! That walnut wood is absolutely stunning. Just stunning. Your pantry is wonderful. Kudos, great job.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dianne, this is gorgeous! I can just imagine the joy that this new space brings to food prep and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete