Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Philadelphia Flower Show Cloches

This past Feb my husband and I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show, the largest in the country.  They had everything there and I created several posts with pictures of all the wonderfulness.  One thing I didn't post was the French Parlor and all the cloches.   When I read that Marty was going to host this party, I dusted off my photos and decided to join in the fun. 

 I love how they recreated this beautiful room inside the convention center.  The cloches contained real flowers. When I first saw this I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of flowers crammed into one room!  
The show has very strict rules about the materials that can be used which you can read about HERE
This is the first rule in the rule in the book:

All entries must include fresh or dried plant material; forced
plants must predominate, and the emphasis should be on color.
All exhibits must be kept in show condition. Plant material must be kept
fresh. Unsightly or wilted plant material must be replaced. No artificial plant
material is permitted in any exhibit.



 I guess the rules don't apply to the mannquin. 
In addition to the French Parlor, there were cloches hiding in several places.
These aren't officially cloches, but they were certainly beautiful.   
 They were part of the competition. 
These charming cloches were for sale in the vendor section.  It was so hard to resist buying everything I saw.  
 I love how the glass was blown to fit the cage.
 I think this was my favorite of all.  

Beautiful, but it didn't look very practical to me.  Thanks to Marty for hosting.  Come join the party!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne! OH, this must have been wonderful to see. Those are really big and tall cloches! I'll bet they must cost a fortune! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love the flowers in the last couple shots:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect post for a Cloche Party. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dianne!
    They're gorgeous! Wow... Some great ideas!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I love the tall cloches and the round with all the plants, just very unique. I enjoyed watching all of them. Love, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read about this show. It would be wonderful to attend. These are stunning displays. I discovered by accident how much longer flowers stay fresh under a dome. I left one of my displays up for a while after a post, and saw that the flowers lasted and lasted after the others from the same cutting had long gone. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have swooned seeing all of these at the show! I am drawn to cloches every time I shopa particular florist's open house. She has amazing displays. Too bad they cost an arm and a leg! Thanks for sharing your adventure. ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cloches!

    I hope that you will stop by and enter my giveaway.

    Also, I have begun a new meme entitled Wayfaring Wednesdays. Link up your trips and favorite excursions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word this show looks amazing! The cloches are a treat...

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word. Such unreal works of art. I am so impressed with them all. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous...you can throw practicality out the window when you are talking about some beautiful things...it's the same way a Diet Coke cancels out a Hershey bar !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.. Your photos are wonderful of all the beautiful entrants. I love them all. maybe I should try an orchid under a cloche? xo marlis

    ReplyDelete