Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bunnie Flay-rah

In the book Watership Down, Flay-ray means rabbit food like lettuce and carrots. I thought I would put together a little Flay-ray table for my bunnies. 
White bunnies from Home Goods.  Wrought iron white basket and picket fence runner from A Classy Flea in Atlanta.  

I started the place setting with a neutral woven placemat topped with a rattan charger.  Semi-square round dishes are from OTP and dinner plates are Lenox Continental accent plates.  
Each plates has a different spring vegetable.
Waterford goblets with embroidered OTP napkins.
Lanterns from Pier 1.  

Grass from Michael's, but it took a week for the smell to go away.  
Joining the following parties: Tablescape ThursdaySeasonal Sunday

9 comments:

  1. A very bunny flay-rah table! I love your dishes, bunnies and fence table runner. Looks like bunny heaven to me! Glad I stopped by to see you! Happy Easter!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dining-room is so beautiful. Those big windows..."Oh my goodness". I love your table setting and your center-piece is very nice. I have similar place mats but mine are round. Very springy, indeed. Have a wonderful Easter. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO dadgum CUTE!!!!!! Just TOO cute! Oh, my goodness! I would have knocked down every other shopper around me to get to that picket fence runner!!!!!!! I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever seen anything even remotely like it! It is A-1 in its class!!! Dianne....you really found a gem!!! I love the way you put the (smelly!) grass under it to give it even more character and prominence. The bunnies look right at home, and those plates....perfect! Man, oh, man...you really hit jackpot here, sister! This is the quintessential Easter/Springtime/Summer tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watership Down...read it back in the mid 70's, had forgotten all about it about it. I love the simplicity of your table, Dianne. I really like the salad plates...they are cousin to some pasta bowls I have. Such a gorgeous room!
    Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianne, you are so clever to use the picket fence as a runner. Perfect playground for those adorable white bunnies. I had the same experience with sheets of moss. The smell was obnoxious. I finally had to put it outside for a few days. The plates are certainly fun. Great job on this beautiful table setting for your Easter Sunday. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the white Diane, it is so fresh~your vegetable plates are gorgeous, and I am drooling over the table runner~it is adorable with the bunnies!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute table I love the idea of using a picket fence what is OTP I don't think I have ever heard of them.your napkin linens are GORGEOUS so white and Feminine looking.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the centerpiece....your rabbits, the lanterns, all of it looks great. Cute veggie plates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I can't believe those pretty napkins came from OTP! I think the one here in Bham just doesn't have the stuff that some of the other stores do. Love the bunnies, the runner -- well, all of it!

    ReplyDelete