Since I am packing everything for our imminent remodel, I am trying to enjoy the last few weeks of cooking while I can. Pasta dishes are always a quick go-to dish.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Taleggio Cheese
Pungent Taleggio cheese makes a creamy coating for this decadent dish when tossed with warm mushrooms and pasta. You can also use brie, which is milder in flavor.
- 10 ounces dried pappardelle
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 pound 4 ounces mushrooms, such as cremini and oyster, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (from 2 large shallots)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 8 ounces Taleggio or brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Everywhere I turn lately, I am running into recipes for this pasta. Check out Ellen's delicious recipe using a Lemon Pepper version of this pasta HERE
Taleggio cheese from Costco
Minced large shallot
Minced garlic, which I added b/c I add garlic to everything!
Coarse shopped parsley
This recipe goes together FAST! It is best to have every ingredient chopped and ready before you start.
Salute mushrooms in two batches
Boil pasta in salted water
Shallots cooked until tender
Add white wine
Drain pasta and reserve 3/4 C of water
Add 4 tablespoons of butter
Add diced cheese and pasta
Toss together with mushrooms and parsley
YUM! I served it with a Cesar Salad which I forgot to photograph. Start to finish 25 minutes. This is a quick, decadent, and delicious pasta dish to enjoy very infrequently due to the calories!