Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Daffodowndilly

“She turned to the sunlight
    And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
    "Winter is dead.” 

Daffodils, that come before the swallow dares, and take the winds of March with beauty.(Shakespeare)
A daffodil bulb will divide and redivide endlessly. That's why, like the peony, it is one of the few flowers you can find around abandoned farmhouses, still blooming and increasing in numbers fifty years after the farmer and his wife have moved to heaven, or the other place, Boca Raton.(Ms Greenthumbs) 



Daffodils are yellow trumpets of spring(Richard Ratliff)

A house with daffodils in it is a house lit up,
whether or no the sun be shining outside.
(AA Milne)


 
Placemats - Home Goods
Pier 1 chargers- Vintage store
White plate - Johnson Bros Regency
Yellow plate - Ross
Runner - Queen of Hearts
Striped glasses - Old Time Pottery
White Dresden Rose Bowl - a gift
Geese- Thrift store 
Candlesticks - Ross

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I couldn't cut all my daffodils and left most of them in the yard. It made for a small centerpiece. Having seen yours, I should have cut more!
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table -- as always it is a pleasure to find a pretty table you have set in my mailbox! We have had some pretty weather, although chilly, till today, and now it is going to be dark and rainy through the weekend. I am so ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table, wonderful quotations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dianne, this post absolutely put a smile on my face. Your table is PERFECT: from the plate stack to the lace runner, candlesticks and exquisite centerpiece of happy daffodils! I love your themed quotations as well. I had a bad fall and just got out of the hospital, and was feeling a bit down. But your pictures and words today have truly lifted my spirits. Thank you. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boca Raton! Ha! That’s funny! Someone gifted me some daffodil bulbs last year, and I sure hope they come up. I’m not the best at flower gardening (or any other kind, for that matter!), and it’s always hit and miss. We have daffodils in a grove of trees in the back yard that were there when we moved in, and they’ve thrived every year. This is a pretty, pretty table! It makes me feel light and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is gorgeous dear friend. I love the little touches of yellow and the overall soft elegance of it. Adorable ducklings !
    Thank you for your sweet comment.
    The German chargers are great and not expensive, they always look great with any china. They are: NATCHMANN, Fine Bavarian Crystal. Just in case.
    Have a nice week ahead.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete