Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blue Cheers!

It all started with the dishes.  You can read the story of me chasing them all over the south HERE.  I usually change my decor between Christmas and NYE/Anniversary and the decorated tree is just in the background.   This year the color I chose posed a challenge.  I had to have a new tree and new decorations for my Christmas table so the NYE table needed to coordinate with the tree.  So I went with the same place setting, but then "glammed" it up for NYE.  
 I found this large crystal bowl at Home Goods in Destin and knew it would be the centerpiece.  I loaded it to overflowing with turquoise,silver and mirrored ornaments.  
The blue mesh is hiding a secret that will be revealed after dark. 
The same place setting as Christmas, but with new napkins make by my friend Libby.  I made the runners to use instead of placemats. 
 Sparkle snowflake scattered around. 
I found the frames in my craft supplies and just touched them with a little silver pigment ink.  If you are a crafter, you know pigment ink doesn't EVER dry on plastic so I had to warn everyone not to touch them.  


  



  
 

 



 I made paper fortune cookies with quotes about friendship to share with everyone. 

What you can't see, and I can't seem to upload the video, is that the lights under the mesh twinkle!
  


I want to thank each and every one of you who visited my blog and left such kind, sweet and encouraging comments.  It has been a busy, but good year and I am welcoming the new year with anticipation as it draws me one year closer to "RETIREMENT!"  I hope 2014 brings you health, love, and peace.  Dianne 
Joining the following parties: Tablescape Thursday


18 comments:

  1. What a clever idea you had with the mesh. Love the blue and silver for New Years Eve.
    Happy new year!

    Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so pretty. I love the colors and those paper fortune cookies are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous Diane! Aqua is my favorite color and I think it is perfect for the holidays paired with lots of silver sparkle!
    What a wonderful party, love that you had lights on your table!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot to mention the cookies! Awesome!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You MADE the runners??? Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!! I WISH I could sew!!! Great job, and they look absolutely perfect here! When I think about it, I guess you would pretty much have to make runners for a table as long as yours since they make pretty much all runners in that standard 72" length.

    Thanks for the tip on the pigment ink. I have never tried to use it before, but I had plans for it coming up. Looks like there will be a change of plans! :-)

    PRETTY photo of the chair ties!

    I can see the lights under the mesh! WOW....I bet THAT really got lots of oohs and ahs out of guests!

    My sister makes those fortune cookies, too, and they're really cool. I have some for several different occasions, but I haven't had a chance to use them just yet.

    One year closer to retirement, eh? You're gonna love it! Start watching "Dancing With the Stars" so that when you leave the building you can do a really cool Happy Dance! :-) Happy New Year, my friend! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sparkly table...beautiful! The blue is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job. Just so pretty, and I know your guests loved it! I love that you had twinkle lights under the mesh, and those fortune cookies are adorable! These are colors I love so I would have been very happy at that table!

    All the best for you in 2014!

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the teal and sparkles! Festive and pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This table is gorgeous! I haven't been around lately for the tables, but today I an catching up. My kids left this morning at 4:30 -- so I am dragging! Good excuse for reading blogs! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi lovely lady.
    What a gorgeous Tablescape for the new year. I just love your dishes and the colors you have mix with them you did a amazing job. Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tablescape is breath taking. And I'm in such envy over the plates. I wish we had a Home Goods in our area.
    Happy New Year
    Sam from creativelysams.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely gorgeous way to start the new year! Every little detail is just perfect, and I love all the glittering sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love all the glittery shine. So glamorous and festive. happy New Year!.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your glammed up table! It gives me shivers, it's so icy!

    Thanks for celebrating the New Year at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunningly beautiful!! I love your color choices and your reference to the Home Goods store in Destin. I am over-the-moon, about the opening of that store. I do not have one near me at home, but I am already addicted to that one, when I am at the beach. Try to leave me some pretties, Dianne - lol! Love this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With turquoise being the most BEAUTIFUL COLOR ON THE PLANET (according to moi, that is..:), your entire room just takes my breath away....
    Here from Tablescaper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very pretty table -- with the blue and silver! And the lights were perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your table was beautiful! I hope you enjoyed your NYE celebrations.

    I'd like to invite you to a new Link party, called Happy Tuesday. We're sharing anything that makes us happy - we want to spread good vibes and positivity across blogland. You can find out more info at the link below. I hope you'll join the fun!

    http://holidays-at-the-harris-home.blogspot.com/p/happy-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete