Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bunny Hop

I wasn't planning to do an Easter post this year, but then I walked into Ross, my favorite store, and the cutest bunnies just hopped right into my cart!  How could I possibly resist?


So I had to look in every storage place for items that would go with my newest furry friends.  
My sweet husband didn't think the color combo was very Easter, but I kinda like it.  What do you think? 











You might notice that the aqua plates aren't all the same kind (look at the first close up at the beginning of this post).  I search high and low for additional plates to no avail.  I found the embossed American Atelier aqua plates on Ebay and thought there were a pretty good match. 

The Cast:
Placemats - Old Time Pottery
Chargers - Linens for Less
Yellow American Atelier Plates - Home Goods
Aqua plates - Home Goods and Ebay
Decorative bread and butter plates - Home Goods
Napkins - Had them forever
Napking rings - Essex Bargin Hunt
Mexican glassware - TJ Maxx many moons ago
Cambridge Flatware - Ross
Candlesticks - Home Goods


Linking to these fun parties: Susan's Tablescape Thursday , the Tablescaper's Seasonal Sundays and the newest party from Cuisine Kathleen; Let's Dish.  Thanks so much for hosting.  

19 comments:

  1. Such a lovely table. I love the blue bunnies and the change in typical Easter colors. Glad those little furry guys jumped into your cart! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if the colors are Easter but they are certainly pretty and with those bunnies how could this not be an Easter table? Your rim shot is very nice! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I say to my kids - there are no rules in decorating - you can use what you like!! Lovely table.
    Suzyq

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne:

    I think this may be my favorite table you've done. It's neat to take a color that isn't traditional to a season and make it work.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a lovely table. And the layers of blues/aqua with a bit of soft yellow is very pretty. Visiting from Let's Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combo! It's so calm and serene and perfect for Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, may not be the typical Easter colors, but since blue anything is my favorite...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your pretty plates! I think your table says Spring and Eater!
    XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your husband is an intelligent, loving man, but I think he missed it on this one. This is a beautiful Easter table!

    Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aqua is my favorite color for a table...I think this makes a gorgeous Easter table, Dianne! In fact it is one of the prettiest I have seen in blogland. I wouldn't have even noticed the aqua plates didn't match if you hadn't told us...sometimes it is nearly impossible to find matching plates. I have been looking for a particular plate for over 5 years...I am hoping one day to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are gorgeous colors, and perfect for Easter! Your bunnies are adorable and the table is just beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up to Let's Dish! See you next week at 7!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tablescape turned out beautiful...love the bunnies with those beautiful dishes..don"t you love it when a plan comes together

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blue! And just what I was looking for -- trying to think of an Easter table with colors other than the usual suspects! Your table turned out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the colors are beautiful and love the salad plates-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love your Easter table and the colors are gorgeous. Your new little rabbits are adorable! I have the same little fat blue birds as you have! Now I wonder if there are any more little blue rabbits...
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dianne, this is another fabulous table! Your new bunnies inspired greatness, because they are great themselves. And I think it's perfect for Easter or the Easter season. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dianne, you have done an excellent job, I love these aqua colors, they are my very favorite color. Wish those bunnies would have jumped in my cart, I can't get enough of aqua. So I am just lovin' your table. I wouldn't have notice all the plates weren't the same, at least they are aqua and look great on your table. Perfect job, thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog (you see lots of aqua on my posts right now).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now how could a beautiful bunny like that NOT make a lovely Easter table!? Nothing like a little inspiration to get you going. You got a lovely result with your beautiful dishes. So nice to know you came by! Thanks for the very nice feedback. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty table! I like to shake things up a bit myself on holidays, not sticking with the expected always.

    I really like that patterned plate.

    ReplyDelete