Dianne's Creative Table

I am inspired by light, all things natural, reusing previously loved items, and bargains!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Hot Antiques!

This gynormous antique show takes place mostly in farmer's fields near Warrenton and Round Top TX.  Usual population in this area is under 50, but for this one week, thousands of antique lovers descend on the area.    
This was my first year to go, but I have heard about it for several years.  Even so, I wasn't prepared for the things I saw!  


Vendor's ware are displayed under tents, in farm buildings, and in rescued buildings that have been moved into the fields.  The tents seemed to go on forever, field after field, and mile and mile! 
Notice the temperature on the dash! 
It was H - O - T and dusty.  For the first three days, I thought I was going to melt like these candles.  
One of the ranchers who opened his field for vendors, prepared a large pot of Texas chili for everyone.  It was beyond delicious and the sweet red wine was the perfect compliment. 
The brisket from the Legal Tender Saloon was amazing and the portions were huge.  The pimento cheese with seven cheeses was also awesome. 
Did not try any of these treats.  

Next post will be all about the goodies I saw so come back and visit.  

4 comments:

  1. The man with the duck was my favorite. What a scream! Looks like you had a fun time, Dianne. Would love to do this sometime, but I'm just so far away.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect post about a perfect time together...Well, except for the heat...all kinds of heat! Smile.. Looking forward to your next chapter of the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...so much to see and do here!

    thank you for visiting the land of odds ~ to answer your "?" about the music, i'm not sure what you heard,
    perhaps the cello sonnets??
    if so, those are by Adam Hurst.
    if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of my blog page ~ you will find a "mixpod" and there you can listen to whatever your heart desires:)
    if you adore cello like i do, then you can get instant gratification at amazon ~ they offer his downloadable cd's!!
    his website is:
    http://www.adamhurststudio.com/

    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been myself.. looks like soo much fun. an you are right not to eat those treats.. wow, the calories.. your frito pie looks amazing.. Poor candles.. thanks for sharing, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete